Citibank recently opened its new flagship branch in New York City. The 9,700 square foot branch is located at 14th Street and Broadway, in the heart of Union Square. Drawing on smart banking technologies pioneered by Citi in Asia, the branch will feature six interactive sales walls and other media walls; enhanced image ATMs; free online access and Wi-Fi for customers; 24/7 access, from the ATM lobby, to customer service experts via video-assist – the first of its kind in the U.S.; and a private seating lounge for Citigold customers, Citi’s premium banking service.
The branch also offers a unique level of service with highly-trained staff dedicated to meeting the needs of its retail, small and commercial business, personal wealth management, Citigold and mortgage customers – all in one location. Citi plans to follow this launch with additional flagship branches in other key U.S. markets that will emulate the Union Square experience.
“The new branch reflects our strategy to invest in retail banking with a focus on customer-centric innovations and an eye towards growth in our key markets,” said Medina-Mora. “Drawing on smart banking technologies and best practices developed by Citi in Asia, and located in the heart of New York City, the new flagship branch demonstrates that we are a global bank with deep roots in the communities we serve.”
New Branch Redefines Retail Banking in the U.S. with Smart Banking Technology and Differentiated Customer Experience
The Union Square branch is an example of Citi’s ongoing strategy to leverage innovations and successes from global markets and deliver them for customers around the world. The bank partnered with renowned architecture and strategic design firm Eight Inc. on its environmental and interface design and technology experience, and with Atmosphere Proximity, Citi’s digital agency of record since 2006, on its digital messaging. Customers have the choice of using state-of-the-art technology, such as interactive sales walls with touch screen functionality and customer service via video-conferencing, or receiving full-service banking from specially trained branch staff.
The new branch offers:
- Six interactive sales walls which let customers browse information on Citi’s products and services;
- Enhanced image ATMs that eliminate the need for envelopes when making cash or check deposits;
- Free online access and Wi-Fi for customers;
- 24/7 access, from the ATM lobby, to customer service experts via video-assist – the first of its kind in the U.S.;
- Media walls that allow customers inside the branch and pedestrians on the street to view information about Citi, live market updates, global and domestic news and local weather and time;
- Access to global experts via private two-way video conferencing;
- A private seating lounge for Citigold customers, Citi’s premium banking service;
- An FX window offering eight of the most popular international currencies, day-of and in the branch; and
- Beginning early 2011, regular financial seminars on investing, buying a home, estate planning, retirement planning and more.